Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Official Mid-term Post

Life drawing has been an interesting class so far. I've learned a lot both in technique and in observational skills. I think the quality of my line has improved the most, and might be the most important thing we've learned thus far. I believe line is the most essential elements of design for charcoal drawing artists.

The day that had the most effect on me would have to be our museum trip experience. Yes, I've been to numerous museums in my life, but the Walker had a lasting effect on me this time. I think it's partly due to the concepts I'm learning in my studios this semester, including life drawing. This class obviously makes one appreciate the human form, but it also helps you appreciate all that that may entail, namely; the curvature of living, changing, non-geometric forms, and the understanding of what lies beneath and how that effects what appears above.

I look forward to the second half of life drawing. Here are my images so far on flickr:

No comments:

Post a Comment